|Description:||Transforming a business firm into an electronic enterprise; Role of IT in enterprise?s processes; Potential IT capabilities to support business objectives and functions; Alignment of business and IT strategies and applications in a complex and evolving enterprise; Enterprise management e-services (information portal, e-business, e-procurement, e-finance and e-audit); Mobile technologies; Human factors (usability, web assurance and mental workload); Document management and workflows using XML and other web standards; Existing enterprise management applications.|
|Text Book: ||Enterprise Information System, O?Brien, J. & Marakas, G., 2007.|
|Coordinator: ||Tony Ng|
|Topics Outline: |
- Information system application supporting business functions
- Support effective enterprise management & decision-making
- IT architecture & functional needs for integrated enterprise wide system
- Advancement in IS/IT enterprise management processes
- Design process for electronic enterprise information system (IS)
- Distinguish business core functional operations and their typical procedures
- Describe IT architectures and related applications to support business functional operations throughout an enterprise hierarchy.
- Appraise the structure and function of integrated information processing in support of effective enterprise management and decision-making.
- Design an integrated electronic enterprise information system in accordance with best practices.
- Explain the usage of IS & IT in enterprise management processes
- Demonstrate communications skills, individual articulation and group dynamics.
|Mapping of Topics Outline to Outcomes |
|Pre-requisite||ITBP319: Data Structures|