CSEB433 : Embedded Systems Lab
|Description:||Experiments using practical implementation of the building blocks of a microcontroller including timers, counters, PWM, data interrupts, I/O techniques and requirements, A/D conversion, serial communications. Experiments to explore the design of control software, system design process using hardware-software co-design process and general issues in digital signal processors (DSPs). |
|Text Book: ||Frank Vahid and Tony Givargis, ?Embedded System Design: A Unified Hardware/Software Introduction?, John Wiley &Sons|
|Coordinator: ||Mohammad Hayajneh|
|Topics Outline: |
- Dragon 12 ?Plus Board LEDs and 7-Segment Display: Parallel Port(1 &2)
- Hex Counter
- Pushbutton and Dip Switches
- Hex Keypad
- Liquid Crystal Displays Interfacing
- Pulse-Width Modulation (PWM): Motors
- Analog to Digital Conversions
- Understand the functionality of different components of microcontroller by writing codes for them and using them for the specific applications.
- Write, develop and debug codes for the microcontroller to meet different design requirements and specifications.
- Design, test and analyze microcontroller and DSP systems.
- Interface with I/O devices and comprehend real-time concepts.
- Design a stand-alone application.
|Mapping of Topics Outline to Outcomes |
|Co-requisite ||CSEB425: Embedded Systems|