NEBP371: Network Management and Analysis
|Description:||Network management and protocols such as SNPM, CMIP and RMON as well as traffic analysis and network performance evaluation software systems; Reliability concepts; Architectures for system observation and control; System utilization and traffic classification; Network management tools.|
|Text Book: ||Network Management: Accounting and Performance Strategies" Benoit Claise, Cisco Press, 2007|
|Coordinator: ||Liren Zhang|
|Topics Outline: |
- Network Management Principles
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- Management Information Bases (MIBs)
- Remote Monitoring (RMON)
- Web-Based Management
- SNMP v3
- Explain the principles of network management.
- Discuss the OSI models of network management.
- Implement management information base macros.
- Practice the use of simple network management protocols (SNMPv1, v3).
- Examine network traffic using RMON1 objects.
- Manage IP networks using web-based network management tools.
|Mapping of Topics Outline to Outcomes |
|Pre-requisite||NEBP310: Network Protocols|