ISBP433: Business Integration Lab 2
|Description:||This lab is designed for students to get hands on experience on Knowledge Management (KM) through the application of Business Intelligence (BI) on real world problems. The ORACLE Business Analytics, which comprises of the Business Intelligence (BI) suite, will be introduced. Students will learn to use this tool for reporting, analysis, modeling, forecasting, and decision making. Besides, a special data mining open source tool, WEKA, will be introduced to get deeper interaction with state-of-the-art data mining techniques. Students will also learn to exercise Expert Systems through open source tools such as CLIPS.|
|Text Book: ||Oracle business intelligence the condensed guide to analysis and reporting. Author: Yuli Vasiliev. |
|Coordinator: ||Mohammad Mehedy Masud|
|Topics Outline: |
- Modeling and Analysis
- Decision Support Systems
- Data Mining for Business Intelligence
- Text & Web Mining
- Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems
- Knowledge Management
- Use DSS tools to aid in decision making for solving real world business problems.
- Apply data mining, text and web mining techniques for business intelligence.
- Apply expert systems and artificial intelligence techniques for decision making.
- Design a BI system or process to address a real world business issue.
- Apply data mining, expert systems, or artificial intelligent tools to develop effective knowledge management system.
|Mapping of Topics Outline to Outcomes |
|Co-requisite ||ISBP440: Business Intelligence|
ISBP455: Knowledge Management